Friday, December 30, 2011

The Lakehouse

Many (if not all) of you are members of the forum the lakehouse and are well aware that we celebrated our 1st birthday this week. So this post is dedicated to the Lakehouse and all of my sisters on there that made it what it is today.

Here is my Lakehouse post.

If I'm going to talk about the Lakehouse the best place to start is how I found out about it. As with many of you, i was a frequent poster on the HerUniverse fourms, which is how I had the pleasure of getting to know many of you. One day when I came on I had a message talking about a new forum that was created called the Lakehouse. I think I responded back with hey cool i will check it out not thinking much of it. And to be honest I completly ignored it, at that time I was still very much dedicated to the Heruniverse forums and didn't really want to spend time on another forum, I did notice many of my friends were leaving and not talking much anymore on HerUniverse so I think i finally made an account on Lakehouse but really hardly if ever came back. and to be completly truthful I really had no interest in posting or becoming a part of it. It didn't seem to "fit" me and i wasn't that impressed by it (of course i was on HU at the time and lakehouse was just starting so it really wasn't a fair comparison) and Stayed on HerUniverse yes the spammers were annoying and inappropriate but it wasn't going to stop me. Eventually, to my terror, HerUniverse shut down to handle the spammers. And for months I went to facebook and other boring sites trying to get my "fix" but nothing stuck.

Honestly what i really missed was the girls i got to know on HerUniverse (though it took me a while to realize that was the problem and the reason nothing else worked for me) I missed talking to rex's girl about our clones and how they really need more action time (Chopper will come back hehee he better). and fangirling over them. I missed chatting with jedi~chick and so many others on there. When Starwar Weekends rolled along I had the pleasure of meeting up with Jedi~chick and her family (which was awsome and sooo much fun) and she mentioned that she was a moderator on The Lakehouse, which up til then i completly forgot about. and on her blog she talked about the Lakehouse. sooooooo one day i was really bored and was in a starwar mood and had no one to share it with :( soo i was like what the heck i'm going to check out the Lakehouse again (and hoped i remembered my password and username hehe) so i went on for a bit made a few posts about how much i missed some of the girls i got to know on HerUniverse and stuff like that and really didn't think that much of it. But the responses i got back were sooo welcoming i really felt like i was reconnecting with old friends and making new ones. So i came back and started chatting and posting thinking it was a phase and eventually i would get tired of it and leave. I never expected to be a frequent poster who now goes on everyday.

The Lakehouse is definitly one of a kind, everybody is soo friendly and kind and yes even crazy its just like getting together with a bunch of childhood friends. Its so relaxed and in a way freeing everyone is accepted for who they are and there is no pressure to be someone your not and everyone is connected with their love of God and their love of Starwars and thier need and want to share with others.

Being one of the oldest memebers (if not the oldest member) you girls continuously amaze me everyday. I was afraid, being much older than most of the forum,  that I wouldn't really be able to connect with you girls or in a way be outcasted. but you are all soo mature for your age,I constantly forget that i'm talking to girls much younger then me.The moderators are outstanding definitly not what i expected (and please don't take this as offensive because its meant as a compliment) from teenage moderators. The way you girls handle situations and run the forum definitly shows how mature, and intellegent you are. You all should be proud of yourselves.

The Lakehouse no lie has some of the nicest, craziest, most wonderful  girls i have ever met and i'm so blessed to have you all in my life. You all are living proof that starwar fangirls are not to be underestimated. If we stick together and put our mind to it nothing can stop us from moving mountains. To all my Lakehouse sisters you all never fail to make me laugh, make me think, move me to tears, inspire and surprise me. I love sharing with you girls and getting to know each and everyone of you.Thank you all for everything from this oldtimer hehe :) sooo Happy Birthday Lakehouse and many more years to come. God bless you all

No comments:

Post a Comment